Cub Run PTA Mission Statement: The PTA’s mission is to promote open communication and understanding between parents and staff of the Cub Run Elementary School. Our efforts serve to:
enrich and maximize the education of every child while aiding them in achieving their highest potential;
provide funding for supplemental educational materials and experiences;
support school and family social interaction;
provide a non-biased forum for sharing information on issues that impact our children.
It is our belief that the team effort of a parent teacher association offers the best possible learning environment for our children.
From year to year, programs and features offered within Cub Run Elementary can vary – and are contingent upon changing conditions – most notably those within Fairfax County and our Sully Station community. By taking changing conditions into consideration, and working directly with the school, the Cub Run PTA provides the means to help ensure that the environment our kids experience at Cub Run remains one of quality.
- Recent Cub Run PTA efforts have directly enhanced the educational environment by raising funds for the acquisition of Smart Boards and Senteo systems – cutting-edge presentation and monitoring/reporting technology that helps teachers quickly determine student retention and identify areas needing more attention.
- Working with the school principal and key contacts, the PTA can tailor special adjunct programs – such as Cub Care – to provide unique tutoring and new topic exposure.
- The PTA puts together many wonderful activities and programs – special fun that kids won’t get anywhere else – and events that reinforce to kids that school is also a place to have fun. By providing transportation for field trips, sponsoring school assemblies, creating chess and Scrabble clubs, supporting the leadership conference, and sponsoring family activities throughout the year, the PTA can be a means for expanding the depth and richness of our kid’s learning environment. (To see events anticipated for this year, visit our events page – or see the event information listed at the bottom of the minutes from the various PTA General Meeting Minutes.)
- The PTA also facilitates special features such as helping teachers gain special project and class supplies. We also administer communication of all the latest events to our community.
- The PTA puts together, and makes available for purchase, to its families only, a Yearly Student Directory as well as an Annual Yearbook.
Membership in the PTA for the school year is only $12.00 per person and $5.00 for an additional person. This fee provides membership not only in the Cub Run PTA, but also membership in the Fairfax County, Virginia, and national PTA organizations.
The support we can provide to our children’s school community is in part driven by the level of our membership. As of November 2011, about 44% of our Cub Run families have joined PTA.
If you’ve yet to join the PTA, please join now.